Part I Writing
Return to the society
Part II Reading comprehension (Skimming and Scanning)
1. What is the advantage of the retirement savings?
[B] Employees can get money as the retirement savings from their employers.
2. The money you get from the disability insurance through the employee benefits plan is .
[A] not enough for a decent living
3. The money you get from the disability insurance through the employee benefits plan is .
[A] not enough for a decent living
4. What does the author suggest we do when teaching children about domestic violence?
[A] Spend some time to expose some myths.
5. What do we know for sure about Chris Brown and Rihanna according to the first paragraph?
[C] Rihanna has accused Chris Brown of abusing her.
6. What can be described as an accident or a mistake according to the author?
[B] Taking the gas for the brake killing a cat.
7. It’s good for us to have some cash on hand to .
[C] cope with sudden and serious situations
8. Under your durable power of attorney, if you are unable, a person can be given the authority to make financial decisions for you.
9. According to experts, in domestic violence, abusers’attacks tend to be intensifying .
10. Once a person loses the ability to do things, a living will is a reliable document for required medical measures.
Part III Listening Comprehension
11. [A] Play the music more quietly.
12. [B] The professor may change his mind
13. [D] She can’t go on the trip because of academic reasons.
14. [D] It’s not certain whether the trip will take place.
15. [D] The woman is applying a job.
16. [A] She is unhappy with the man’s promises.
17. [B] He wants to make sure that Mr. Smith will see him.
18. [D] The man is unwilling to take a look at the houses for sale.
19. [A] She needs some information.
20. [C] Home-made candy.
21. [B] Tuesday.
22. [D] Priority service.
23. [D] taking a quick look at an exhibit before lunch.
24. [A] Through signs.
25. [C] His social status.
26. [C] People differ from each other in facial features.
27. [B] Learn to recognize human faces.
28. [A] Movie actors.
29. [D] People differ in their behaviors and physical characteristics.
30. [B] [email protected]
31. [C] $8,000.
32. [D] See a doctor at the school Medical Centre.
33. [D] Human beings can make anything stand for anything by agreement.
34. [B] Our culture determines what a symbol stands for.
35. [C] Words are not necessarily connected with the things they stand for.
44. A list is then presented to the advisory committee which meets about once a month
45. If the committee likes the list, it sends it up to the board of directors which makes the final decision
46. So there’s a possibility that a stamp might be designed, but still never actually go into circulation
Part IV Reading Comprehension (Reading in Depth)
47. [E] combined
48. [I] down
49. [O] work
50. [L] or
51. [B] necessarily
52. [C] longer
53. [J] upon
54. [H] recall
55. [F] if
56. [G] associations
57. What’s the main idea of the passage?
[D] People in different cultures have different concepts of space.
58. According to Dr. Edward Hall, .
[B] space doesn’t mean emptiness in the eyes of the Japanese
59. The Arabs and the Japanese differ in that .
[A] the Japanese keep their closeness within limits while the Arabs don’t
60. It can be inferred from the passage that .
[C] even impolite bodily contact is acceptable by the Arabs
61. When an Arab wants to be alone, he .
[B] may still stay with his companion
62. By saying “the woman said she found my face a challenge” (Line 2, Para 1), the author suggests that her face is
[C] too ugly to deal with / hard to deal with /not good-looking .
63. According to the author, what was the main reason for the failure of her first dance?
[B] She wore sticking-plaster on her ears instead of diamante ear-rings.
64. 48. Because of the Ascot woman’s , the stick had to be pulled out from the ground.
[D] heavy weight / plumpness / fatness
65. Why did the author tell a lie to her parents that she had a marvelous time?
[A] To make them happy.
66. What did the author learn from what she saw in Ascot?
[C] The stupidity of trying to conform and be better than anyone else.
Part V Cloze
Part VI Translation
87.Everyone wants to have a healthy body (每个人都希望拥有健康的身体). but are not properly maintained their.
88. He’s still hesitating about whether to adopt a more flexible policy to solve the problem. (是否采用较灵活的政策来解决问题)
89. You can’t change your situation. The only thing that you can change is how you choose to deal with it (你能改变的唯有面对它时的态度).
90. He has a habit, The very next day not to wear the same clothes (第二天不会穿同样的衣服).
91. She felt insulted, and obviously any attempts to persuade her to stay were of no avail (任何劝她留下来的企图都是徒劳的)