Part I Writing
Return to the society
Part II Reading comprehension (Skimming and Scanning)
1. What do we know for sure about Chris Brown and Rihanna according to the first paragraph?
[C] Rihanna has accused Chris Brown of abusing her.
2. What does the author suggest we do when teaching children about domestic violence?
[A] Spend some time to expose some myths.
3. According to the passage, when discussing about domestic violence, we should .
[D] avoid referring to it as being provoked
4. “violent fight” is different from domestic violence in that .
[B] the former is two-sided while the latter is one-sided
5. The author suggests that in most domestic-abuse cases, women return home after the abuse because .
[B] they are too scared of men’s power to leave
6. From what singer Kanye West said, we know that .
[D] he forgave Chris Brown’s deed
7. What can be described as an accident or a mistake according to the author?
[B] Taking the gas for the brake killing a cat.
8. According to experts, in domestic violence, abusers’attacks tend to be intensifying .
9. What makes those abused stay with their abusive partners is the horrible cycle of emotional dependence, shame and fear .
10. Women would criticize their own behavior when explaining why they are abused by their lovers.
Part III Listening Comprehension
11. [A] Play the music more quietly.
12. [B] The professor may change his mind
13. [D] She can’t go on the trip because of academic reasons.
14. [D] It’s not certain whether the trip will take place.
15. [D] The woman is applying a job.
16. [A] She is unhappy with the man’s promises.
17. [B] He wants to make sure that Mr. Smith will see him.
18. [D] The man is unwilling to take a look at the houses for sale.
19. [A] She needs some information.
20. [C] Home-made candy.
21. [B] Tuesday.
22. [D] Priority service.
23. [D] taking a quick look at an exhibit before lunch.
24. [A] Through signs.
25. [C] His social status.
26.[C] People differ from each other in facial features.
27. [B] Learn to recognize human faces.
28. [A] Movie actors.
29. [D] People differ in their behaviors and physical characteristics.
30. [B] [email protected]
31. [C] $8,000.
32. [D] See a doctor at the school Medical Centre.
33. [D] Human beings can make anything stand for anything by agreement.
34. [B] Our culture determines what a symbol stands for.
35. [C] Words are not necessarily connected with the things they stand for.
44. A list is then presented to the advisory committee which meets about once a month
45. If the committee likes the list, it sends it up to the board of directors which makes the final decision
46. So there’s a possibility that a stamp might be designed, but still never actually go into circulation
Part IV Reading Comprehension (Reading in Depth)
47. [N] regardless
48. [F] if
49. [L] with
50. [I] rather
51. [D] sound
52. [A] convinced
53. [J] that
54. [E] work
55. [B] necessarily
56. [H] on
57. What would Brownie do when someone was ill in the family?
[C] Keep them company.
58. What do we learn about Brownie from the passage?
[B] She felt scary for her mistake.
59. Why does the speaker say that Brownie was more than just a family pet?
[A] She was loved by everybody she met.
60. What is most difficult for Jarolim?
[C] Checking all the facts to be written in the guides.
61. What do we know about Jarolim from the passage?
[A] She is especially interested in museums.
62. Why was Brian wearing so many clothes for his travel?
[D] His backpack had no room for his clothes.
63. What do we learn about an air courier’s job from the passage?
[C] He delivers papers and packages to foreign countries.
64. Why do businesses choose the air-courier service according to the passage?
[C] It saves time.
65. What is one of the disadvantages of traveling as an air courier?
[D] He saves little money from the travel.
66. When will the new product be available?
[C] Two or three months.
Part V Cloze
Part VI Translation
87. Consider the bad times as down payment for the good times. (把苦日子当做好日子的首付), Hang in there.
88. He has a habit, The very next day not to wear the same clothes (第二天不会穿同样的衣服).
89. .If you are able to appreciate beauty in the ordinary (如果你擅于欣赏平凡中的美好), your life will be more vibrant.
90. Everyone wants to have a healthy body (每个人都希望拥有健康的身体). but are not properly maintained their.
91. No mater what, we all want to solve in a friendly way (我们都希望以友好的方式解决).
The picture shows us a dialogue between a father and a son. The son told his father, “Dad, I’m a bit worried about disposing of nuclear waste”. While his father told him, “If you can empty the dustbin here you can do anything”. It reveals the importance of doing small things well before undertaking something big. There is also an old Chinese saying to go with this that a person can’t sweep the world before he can sweep his own room.
I agree on the point that it is of great importance for a person to do small things well before undertaking something big. First of all, doing small things well entail the qualities that needed in doing great things such as patience and ability of controlling time. For example, when we sweep our room, we need to manage our time and energy reasonably. Accordingly, if we sweep a bigger room, for example, a classroom with our classmates, we should learn how to cooperate and allot assignments as well. And