2015年高考真题——英语(湖北卷) Word版含答案(二)

时间:2015-06-15 12:43:32

微信搜索关注"91考试网"公众号,领30元,获取事业编教师公务员等考试资料40G
p for some ice cream in the car park near Haytor, and perhaps thought I’d jumped in ahead of him.

The reason why the ponies here are naughty is that Haytor is a tourist-heavy area and tourists are constantly feeding the ponies foods, despite sighs asking them not to. By feeding the ponies, tourists increase the risk of them getting hit by a car, and make them harder to gather during the area’s annual pony drift(迁移).

The purpose of a pony drift is to gather them up so their health can be checked, the baby ones can be stooped from feeding on their mother’s milk, and those who’ve gone beyond their limited area can be returned to their correct area. Some of them are also later sold, in order to limit the number of ponies according to the rules set by Natural England.

Three weeks ago, I witnessed a small near-disaster a few miles west of here. While walking, I noticed a pony roll over on his back. “Hello!” I said to him, assuming he was just rolling for fun, but he was very still and, as I got closer, I saw him kicking his legs in the air and breathing heavily. I began to properly worry about him. Fortunately, I managed to get in touch with a Dartmoor’s Livestock Protection officer and send her a photo. The officer immediately sent a local farmer out  to check on the pony. The pony had actually been trapped between two rocks. The farmer freed him, and he began to run happily around again.

Dartmoor has 1,000 or so ponies, who play a critical role in creating the diversity of species in this area. Many people are working hard to preserve these ponies, and trying to come up with plans to find a sustainable(可持续的) future for one of Dartmoor’s most financially-troubled elements.

51. Why are tourists asked not to feed the ponies?

A. To protect the tourists from being bitten

B. To keep the ponies off the petrol station

C. To avoid putting the ponies in danger

D. To prevent the ponies from fighting

52. One of the purposes of the annual pony drift is ______________.

A. to feed baby ponies on milk

B. to control the number of ponies

C. to expand the habitat for ponies

D. to sell the ponies at a good price

53. What was the author’s first reaction when he saw a pony roll on its back?

A. He freed it from the trap

B. He called a protection officer

C. He worried about it very much

D. He thought of it as being naughty

54. What does the author imply about the preservation of Dartmoor’s ponies?

A. It lacks people’s involvement.

B. It costs a large amount of money

C. It will affect tourism in Dartmoor.

D. It has caused an imbalance of species

B

What Theresa Loe is doing proves that a large farm isn’t prerequisite for a modern grow-your-own lifestyle. On a mere 1/10 of an acre in Los Angeles. Loe and her family grow, can(装罐)and preserve much of the food they consume.

Loe is a master food preserver. gardener and canning expert. She also operates a website, where she shares her tips and recipes, with the goal of demonstrating that everyone has the ability to control what’s on their plate.

Loe initially went to school to become an engineer. but she quickly learned that cooking my own food and started growing and preparing her own food. “I got into cooking my own food and started growing my own herbs(香草) and foods for that fresh flavor,” she said, Engineer by day, Loe learned cooking at night shool. She ultimately purchased a small piece of land with her husband and began growing their own foods.

“I teach people how to live farm-fresh without a farm,” Loc said. Through her website Loe said. Through her website Loe emphasizes that “anybody can do this anywhere.” Got an apartment with a balcony(阳台)? Plant some herbs. A window? Perfect spot for growing. Start with herbs. she recommends, because “they’re very forgiving.” Just a little of the herbs “can take your regular cooking to a whole new level.” She added.” I think it’s a great place to start.” Then? Try growing something from a seed, she said ,like a tomato or some tea.

Can is …   extension of the planting she does. With every planted food. Loe noted, there’s a moment.  ….   bursting with its absolute peak flavor. “I try and keep it in a time capsule in canning jar,” Loe said . Canning for me is about knowing what’s in your food. knowing where is comes form.”

In addition to being more in touch with the food she’s eating, another joy comes from passing this knowledge and this desire for good food to her children: “Influencing them and telling them your opinion on not only being careful what we cat but understanding the bigger picture.” She said, “that if we don’t take care of the earth. no one will.”

55.The underlined word “prerequisite”………..to “_____________”

A recipe

B substitute

C. requirement

D. challenge

56 Why does Loe suggest starting with herbs?

A .They are used daily

B. They are easy to grow.

C. They can grow very tall.

D. They can be eaten uncooked.

57. According to Loe, what is the benefit of canning her planted foods ?

A. It can preserve their best flavor.

B. It can promote her online sales.

C. It can better her cooking skills.

D. It can improve their nutrition.

58. What is the “the bigger picture ”(Para. 6) that Loe wishes her children to understand ?

A. The knowledge about good food.

B. The way to live a grow-our-own life.

C. The joy of getting in touch with foods.

D. The respons

首页 上页 1 2 3 下页 尾页 2/6/6
微信搜索关注"91考试网"公众号,领30元,获取公务员事业编教师考试资料40G
【省市县地区导航】【考试题库导航】
 ★ 高考省级导航 ★ 
全国 A安徽 B北京 C重庆 F福建 G广东 广西 甘肃 贵州 H河南 河北 湖南 湖北 黑龙江 海南 J江苏 江西 吉林 L辽宁 N内蒙古 宁夏 Q青海 S山东 山西 陕西 四川 上海 T天津 X新疆 西藏 Y云南 Z浙江
 ★ 高考信息汇总 ★ 
 ★ 高考历年真题 ★ 
 ★ 高考历年真题 ★ 
 ★ 高考题库 ★ 
 ★ 高考题库 ★ 

电脑版  |  手机版  |  返回顶部